Saturday 30 June 2012

Saturday hike



Today was Saturday.  Yay for days off.  I so needed to relax a bit.  Didn't relax much though, at least not physically.  We went to Wiskey Town Lake.  It was so so so very beautiful.  The water was crystal clear and a little chilly.  I decided to brave it though and get in.  It took me about 20 minutes to get in fully though.  I stood there inching in bit by bit while others just ran past me and dived in.





I even swam to the island which really reminded me of growing up in Hong Kong.  It was so fun and I was really pleased I braved the cold and got in.  The water was clear and lovely to swim in.






We didn't have much time at the lake before someone in the group suggested we take a hike up to the waterfall.  We hiked for about 4 hours on very rough terrain.  I was very proud of my hips and knees for managing it: although I now feel exhausted and my body aches. 




 On the way home we stopped quickly to have a look at some ruins and old buildings.  It was great to read about the gold rush history.  I was so pleased today to see some scenery and some older buildings.  Everything here is so new and 'boxy'.












Tonight the girls are going to go and watch an outdoor movie.  I have decided to stay at home and catch up on my blog and chill out.  I am still so very tired.  



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Whiskeytown Lake! I remember going last year. We went in the evening, and I knew I would regret it if I didn't get in. So I did. For, like, 5 minutes.

    I didn't warm up for two hours.

    Good times. :)

    I'm so enjoying following your blog at BSW! I miss Redding/Bethel so much, but I knew I was supposed to bring home what I learned to my community here. You're in my thoughts/prayers!

    ReplyDelete