Saturday 23 June 2012

My Flight from London to San Fransisco

So I got on the plane and I really did have the worst seat ever. 

First you have to walk past the nice seats:  just to taunt you.
"You are too poor to sit here"


Then you finally find your own seat... in the back row:



I was sandwiched between to people who slept the whole journey.  There was a little leg room but not enough to pass anyone to use the loo...

These are my knees!

So I had to wake one of them up every now and then to use the loo.  "excuse me unsociable person please wake up before I wet my knickers!"

Here was my dinner: the choice was beef or beef.  Another wonderful thing about being the very last person at the back is that you have no choice of menu at all. It was fairly grim.

I was sat behind an orthodox priest though and he was more chatty.  I watched him spend ages choosing which in flight film to watch (he decided on the sound of music).  Then he listened to something on his laptop.  He had the most enormous picture of Jesus as his screen saver.  Then he deliberated again over which film to watch and proceeded to watch the sound of music all the way through again!!!!!!!   Because our flight had been delayed we made friends the priest and I.  We pegged it for customs together and ran side by side through baggage reclaim.  His dress tassels were flying as we ran: bizarre moment in my life!

 Just to prove I made it :)

But dreams of reaching my destination that night were shattered when I discovered they had cancelled all the connecting flights to Redding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment