Saturday 23 June 2012

Leaving home


It was difficult to leave the family today…  what a journey to undertake.  Well I made it to the bus station in good time and did not have to wait long to get on the bus.  I managed to get a front seat which was good for the other passengers as it meant that I did not vomit all over them.  Here is a picture of me on my way to the bus station: please note the wonderful English rain.  



My darling husband had told me to us the toilet on the bus before getting off so I didn’t have to faff around with my suitcase in the loo at the airport.  Great idea I thought… only I think I chose the most awful time to use said loo.  Just after entering the loo the bus went from the M40 to the M25 round the most ginormous bend, then braked suddenly as it merged into static traffic.  It was like some freaky fairground ride – all while trying to pull up my knickers.  No picture of that you will be pleased to know.


So I arrived at the airport and felt like a child at their 1st day of school.  I managed to check in, drop my bag and then go through security.  Gosh that is so stressful.  They expect you to be an octopus holding liquids in one hand, coats in another, laptop in another, kindle etc etc.  Bless them they were very helpful: I must have looked like a rabbit in the headlights.

So Here I am now…. sat in departures.  Realising that my husband was right saying I would be here stupidly early and the shops and restaurants are really more expensive than normal.  I have tried most of the free chargers to charge my laptop and have finally found one that works.  Good job too as I was starting to think there was a problem with my lead.  



Now I wait to board…….  Aaaggggrrrrhhhh!  But at least I have a ticket PRAISE GOD! 
Just heard that my traveling companion Anne is still stuck in Scotland and doesn’t think she will make the connection to my flight L 


No comments:

Post a Comment