Wednesday 27 June 2012

Day 3 Bethel School of Worship


Today my day kicked off with some amazing worship: worshiping for an hour and a half every morning is just awesome.  It is the best start for a day ever. 



Then we had a talk form Jerry Aaronson.  It was entitled ‘good vibrations’.  To be completely honest when he started talking my brain just switched off.  He launched into explanations of sounds waves, hertz and oscillations etc.  It just transported me back into my A-level physics lessons and I kind of drifted in listening until BAM! He caught my attention.  He basically said that every sound has a shape.  Different sounds make a different shape.  Our sound is unique because it makes a different shape for God.  He showed a video of a sound plate with sand poured over it.  Different frequencies were than played into the plate and the sand suddenly made the most beautiful moving pictures.



Then he showed us what happens when you put frequencies though corn flour solution.  



In the beginning God spoke the world into being… I was totally amazed.  There is power in the prophetic declaration.  When we declare something with our voice, with our sound it moves.  Not only to build things but also the take stuff down.  When your frequency matches the item (for instance rubbing a finger around a wine glass) you can break it.  By singing at a certain frequency you can shatter a mirror…  Joshua and the isrealites were told to march around Jerico and then shout.  The walls came straight down.  Their cry destroyed a fortress.

He said that all objects have their own sound.  Everything resonates. 


Even the earth and stones have a song.  Let all creation praise Him.  God does not want us to sound like another person.  He doesn’t even want us to write songs like other people’s.  He has given us a unique DNA and we all have a unique sound.  It will be your unique sound that will break through the spiritual atmosphere.

The rest of my day was a bit different today.  I went to a class which was not what I expected it to be… and then I went to some others where people were sharing testimonies. It was great to be able to relax a bit and I caught up a bit with my blog.  

Here are some of the different things I picked up from the other classes:

  • When you are impregnated with a vision from God, you need to start being hungry for 2.  Start eating for 2.  For you and for the vision God has given you.
  • Do we know what we carry? We are not just worship leaders at church.  If we lead people at church, they will also be looking at us to lead in all areas of our life.  Are we leading a lifestyle of worship and intimacy in all areas of our life.
  • When your life is going up and down with sin, you may be repenting and starting over but be aware that when you fall, those who follow you may not be able to get back up so easily.
The rest of the day I participated in a band practice.  I played Keys and despite not even knowing the song, and having no time to rehearse I got really positive feed back.  I was so nervous about doing this class.  I think I still thought my piano playing was inferior to everyone else.  I got the best piano review and now I am starting to think… maybe I have already been equipped for where God is taking me. 

After that I went to creative expressions.  This is an opportunity for students to perform something unique on the huge stage.  I had signed up and when it got to my turn I was so nervous.  I played my song ‘where can I go from You’.  There was a house band and they were busy joining in with all the other acts but they did not join in my song.  I thought ‘oh they don’t like it’,  Also they use ‘in ear monitors’ and mine fell out pretty much straight after I started my song.  But I just asked God to bless my song and I sang and sang.

I finished and sat down thinking ‘ I hope that went ok’,  But ever since I have had so many people come up to me and encourage me, saying my voice is anointed and my song rose their spirit.  Even today (I know you think it is Wednesday on my blog but in fact it is Friday that I am writing this), people keep coming up to me and encouraging me.  I have never been so encouraged as I have been here. 

So that was day 3.  A more chilled day, but still so encouraging and mind blowing.  I can feel the Lords presence all the time now.  It feeeeeels Gooooood.

No comments:

Post a Comment